Wednesday, July 26, 2006
And here's the "little man!"
Nathan is my baby boy. . .

Another true blessing from God delivered 10 1/2 months ago. Being on bedrest waiting for his arrival for 5 months - I felt his every single twist and turn, down to each tiny, rhythmic hiccup. We bonded when he was just millimeters in length. . .I couldn't possibly love this wiggly little person any more than I already do.

I don't really remember "life before Nate," but I am sure that I got to just sit a little more than I do now! He is a ball of fire, climbing on and crashing into and throwing everything he can get to. . .and if I say, "no, no". . .this child stops and slowly smiles, and I can just see him making a mental note to go back to this LOTS!

He is "cruising" the furniture. . .not quite walking on his own yet. . .but I am a little frightened of the day he figures it out! His favorite pass times of late are gathering up anything that resembles a ball and walking to the steps where he throws it through the railings and watches it bounce, bounce, bounce down the stairs. . .and stealthily crawling around the couch, under the dining table and to the china cabinet, where the most fun thing is to fling open the cabinet doors and grab and toss all of the crystal heirlooms in every direction - YAY! As I am following behind, picking up the pieces in the destructive trail he leaves. . .he is off to find Katie's stroller so he can throw it upside down and figure out how those wheels work -- of course, to Katie's horror that her Baby Holly has been hurled across the room.

He still wakes up in the middle of the night a couple of times to nurse and snuggle - but I let him. He has super-elastic arm length at a restaurant, pulling drinks, salsa, and just anything onto himself. He spits the last bite of food all over you to tell you he's done. He pulls the dog's hair, Katie's hair, and my hair. . .and well, even sometimes his own hair.

What a crazy little person that has landed into our family!

And I just cannot even write into words how much I am absolutely in LOVE with this little person!!!



Posted by Picasa


5 Comments:

Blogger Crew Mom said...

NATE NATE!!!! I love that he was a "surprise"--because we all know that another baby in the Sardonia house would have to have been from God!!! He's here and a joy... whenever I think of Nate, I can't help but picture in my head the first sip he took of his "Strawberry Smoothie"!! I am so glad that Hunter has him to grow up with!! What a cutiepie!!!!

Blogger Crew Mom said...

...I wasn't done...I love his smile (especially when its toward me!), I love that he is so rough and tumble...and WHEELS...whew, anything with wheels!!!! His birthday gift sure won't be hard to choose! I love you Nathan Daniel, you are sooo precious to me!! Come see me, right now!!!

Blogger Amber said...

What a darling picture of such a darling boy! He sounds like a ball of energy and FUN! I can't wait to meet the little man someday.

Blogger Trina said...

Nate. Such a cutie pie. He certainly keeps his mommy on her toes-right Melissa? Your children are so precious.

We love you, Nate Nate! I know he and Lily are going to be up to no good for years to come!

Post a Comment

<< Home