Friday, September 08, 2006
Labor Day Picnic - Oh my!!
It came that time of year again when our church hosted a Labor Day Picnic for anyone and everyone! Now I have to confess that my little family has not been to this event in several years. . .and I don't really know the reason why because I loooovveeeddd this picnic as a kid so much! And this past weekend as we munched and visited and played and laughed all together - and all those fond memories came flooding back. . .but more poignant was to see my own little girl racing around with all her friends having the time of her life - just like me once upon a time. . .

The weather I must tell you was never what you would have asked for. . .cloudy and overcast for the beginning of the picnic and later turning into a hard summer rain. But it turned out to be the absolute perfect weather. . .the children were soaking wet and thier spirits soaring!

Fashion divas playing in the rain!
Katie Greer. . .her face filled with the purest joy!

Elizabeth racing Katie in the rain!

the Moms!


4 Comments:

We had the best time, didn't we?!

Blogger Crew Mom said...

We DID have the BEST time ever!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are memories made that last a lifetime. I shared these pictures and told Grandma Maggie and Grandpa Jack all about what fun everyone had. Of course, that just brought back memories of all the church gatherings that they were so much a part of and loved so dearly.

Blogger Gail said...

What fun! And I love your slide show at the top!

Post a Comment

<< Home