Friday, September 15, 2006
Dawn. . .FINALLY!!


I was "tagged" by Dawn. . .which apparantly means that I am supposed to respond to these questions and "tag" someone else. . . so here goes. . .

What was your favorite thing about being a kid?
Playing outside for hours on end. . .sometimes barefooted picnics halfway inbetween mine and Brandy's house. . .sometimes racing down hills on my bigwheel or bicycle feeling the wind sweeping and swirling my hair all around. . .sometimes playing football in the street with all the neighborhood kids - or just cheering on the sidelines because I wanted to and not because my brother wouldn't let girls play. . .sometimes crunching through the icy grass watching my breath swirl in clouds around me. . .sometimes exploring the stars and moon through my brother's telescope in my chilly dark front yard. . .sometimes making discoveries in our woods in the backyard.

What was your favorite subject in school?
Let's see. . .I really loved English. . .creative writing. . .drama -- anything along those lines up through high school. For undergrad and grad, I really loved the study of the brain and neurology classes. . .kinda cool and amazing how our brains work!

Who was your best friend when you were 10?
10 years old - that was 5th grade. . .Angela Kozisek! She and I were always very silly and laughed at the world (and everyone in it - including ourselves!). We got in trouble in 5th grade for always snickering and calling our math teacher's husband Herman Munster! Now he came to lunch and ate with our teacher every day and he wore these huge, black steel toed shoes - that really did look like Herman Munster shoes! And our running joke we said over and over and over was. . ."Ask me if I'm a tree?". . ."Are you a tree?". . ."No!". . .and believe it or not it got funnier every time to us. . .and annoyed everyone around us more and more as well! Since then she has been a bridesmaid in my wedding, and, although we don't talk as often anymore, I still consider her to be a true friend.

If you could be any animal what would you be?
I think I would like to be a squirrel. . .they frolic and play jumping around branches all day. . .they have a great fuzzy tail. . .they eat nuts (and I am all about peanut butter!). . .and, well, I might already be part squirrel anyway - have you ever seen them try to run across the street? My decision-making skills are really similar at times!

What would you change about your school, occupation, life right now?
I am a stay-at-home mom, and I truly adore being so. I have known that this was what I really wanted to be able to do one day, and I am truly blessed to be here. So I don't know that I would change anything at all.

What's your favorite color?
I have always said that yellow is my very favorite color - I always thought about the warm, enveloping sunshine. . .bright rays that just surround you and make you smile inside and out.

What's your favorite type of crust and favorite topping on a pizza?
I love THICK crust with lots of cheese and pepperoni and mushrooms. . .mmmmmmm!! I LOVED "Upper Crust" pizza when I was a kid. . .double mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Whew! I did it!!
I'm tagging:

Crew Mom! @ Coleman Crew

You are IT, girl!!


1 Comments:

Are you slow, or what? Just kidding! I love the Herman Munster story, and I love being a SAHM, too!

Post a Comment

<< Home